If you are looking to change careers or up skill yourself or your team a nationally recognised qualification is always an investment worth making. The Federal and State Governments also recognise the need for that investment in self enhancement and offer a range of funding options.
We can give you advice and guidance on which funding options fit best with your skills and goals. As an RTO, MyPath delivers courses that are eligible for a range of funding options that essentially fall into three categories:
- Contributes to the cost of approved courses delivered by eligible RTOs to apprentices and trainees in Queensland.
- The subsidy is determined by how critical the occupation is to the economy
- Funding is available to year 12 graduates, for school based apprenticeships, and for existing workers
- Apprentice and trainee rebate for payroll tax
- View some User Choice funded apprenticeships and traineeships
The JobTrainer Fund supports job seekers, school leavers and young people to access the skills and training they need to find work, re-enter the labour market or explore new work opportunities available as Queensland’s economy recovers.
The JobTrainer Fund will operate as a component of Queensland’s existing vocational education and training (VET) investment programs and will provide access to additional training opportunities that complement the training already available for the target student cohort.
Certificate 3 Guarantee
Provides subsidies for qualifications and RTOs listed on the Queensland Skills Gateway List
- The amount of subsidy is determined by how critical the occupation is to the economy
- Funding is available to trainees completing their first post-school certificate III qualification
- Year 12 graduates studying high priority qualifications may also be eligible
- For more information go to our courses head to our Certificate 3 Guarantee page
Higher Level Skills
The Higher Level Skills program provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to access subsidised training in selected certificate IV or above qualifications, and priority skill sets. The aim is to assist individuals to gain the higher level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in priority industries or to transition to university to continue their studies. Employers may also be able to access training to address workforce development needs.
Eligibility requirements for Higher Level Skills funding if:
• Queensland resident
• Aged 15 years or over
• Who is no longer at school
• Is an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency.
• Prospective students must not have or be enrolled in a certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training.
• Employment status does not matter, nor is there any minimum education requirement, except the standard entry requirements for the courses
For more information go to our courses head to our Higher Level Skills page
Year 12 Fee Free
Queensland Year 12 graduates can study with Major fee-free within a year of leaving school. To support Queensland’s year 12 graduates to successfully transition into employment, a range of certificate III level qualifications can be undertaken at no cost to the student.
The Fee-free training is accessible under the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program. Fee-free training is available for high priority certificate III level training in skills areas most needed by industry and government.
You are eligible for Yr 12 Fee Free funding if you meet the eligibility requirement of C3G funding and enrolled in a Certificate III qualification with an RTO within 12 months of completing year 12 at secondary school
Click here to view our range of courses available on our Certificate 3 Guarantee page
Back to Work – South East Queensland
From 1 July 2017, the Queensland Government’s Back to Work South East Queensland program will provide support for employers who hire a long term unemployed or young unemployed jobseeker in the South East Queensland region. Employer Support and Youth Boost Payments will be available for employers who hire an eligible jobseeker between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018 (subject to the availability of funds).
What is the program?
The Back to Work – South East Queensland Employment Package (Back to Work SEQ) is a one-year $27.5 million initiative designed to give businesses the confidence to employ long-term unemployed and unemployed youth (15-24 year-olds) jobseekers in South East Queensland (SEQ). This program aims to facilitate unemployed jobseekers into the labour market and support them to create a strong connection to the labour force. Employer Support and Youth Boost Payments are available under these guidelines to employers who meet all the program eligibility criteria.
Where is the program delivered? Back to Work SEQ Employer Support Payments and Youth Boost Payments are offered in the following areas:
- Gold Coast
- Scenic Rim
- Lockyer Valley
- Moreton Bay
- Sunshine Coast
The Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program offers eligible employers and trainees’ incentives to invest in skills-based training including:
- Priority occupations on the National Skills needs list
- Rural and regional skills shortage incentives
- Over 45 Mature Aged Apprentice Worker Scheme incentive (MAWS)
- School Based incentive
Study now, Pay Later – Self Funding Options from MyPath.
Not eligible for the C3G Funding? Study Now and Pay Later with up to 12 Months Interest-Free are available. MyPath Education can now offer you the opportunity to pay your course on a flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment plan. This new option is safe, simple and is a convenient way to pay for your course over time. It provides you with the flexibility to start your buy today and pay later on an interest-free payment plan. The process is entirely paperless and designed around simplicity.