First Aid Training Courses in Brisbane and Gold Coast (HLTAID011)
Gaining a First Aid Certificate with MyPath will give you the skills to apply first aid when needed. Whether you are entering the workforce for the first time or have been for years and need first aid refresher, this course will teach you the techniques to effectively provide first aid.
What you will learn in the First Aid Certification
Holding a First Aid certificate is important when working in aged care and other industries. In this short course you will learn – First response, basic life support and casualty management.
- Responding to emergencies
- Cardiac emergencies
- Respiratory emergencies
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Wound and fracture care
- Infection control
- CPR (CPR Only Courses are available).
First Aid Course Delivery & Duration
- Course scheduled monthly and run from 7:30am to 5pm daily over one or two days.
- Classroom based training with health and safety, videos, live demonstrations, and clear instructions delivered by our high performing, knowledgeable trainers
- Home study book for completion and return one week prior to course commencing (for Apply First Aid)
- Theory and practical assessment including CPR training on a resuscitation manikin
- All workbooks & training materials.
- First Aid guide
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment
- CPR only and refresher courses are available.
Provide First Aid Student Entry Requirements
The below entry requirements are the minimum qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience and/or attributes that a student must hold to be considered for entry into the workplace First Aid training course:
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Complete a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Minimum 18 years of age (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Provide two forms of identification.
Student Support Options
During your HLTAID011 First Aid Course online studies you will receive adequate learning support to ensure your full potential is reached. All students are provided with a range of learning support options and resources to help them achieve competency. This includes:
- Mentoring from appropriately qualified trainers including provision of phone and email contact details.
- Notification of tutorials and trainer availability sessions times if applicable
- Referral to external support services as necessary.