Complete the Diploma of Community Services in Brisbane and Gold Coast (CHC52015)
The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services delivered by MyPath Education will assist students in developing the skills and understanding needed for them to act as a genuine agent of change in the community and through the course students will understand developmental, social and cultural contexts, as well as learn the skills to support the social, psychological, welfare and protection needs of the community.
What you will learn in the Diploma of Community Services
This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 100 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.
Successful completion requires 16 units inclusive of 8 core units + 8 elective units – At least 6 units from the electives listed below up to 2 units from the electives listed below, any endorsed Training Packages or accredited courses – these units must be relevant to the work outcome
For specialisation in Case Management at least 4 Group A electives must be selected for award of the Diploma of Community Services.
Job Opportunities available upon successful completion of the Diploma of Community Services
Open up entry-level and experienced job opportunities such as
- Community Services Case Manager
- Child Welfare Officer
- Residential Care (Child Protection)
- Social Housing Coordinator
Delivery & what you will get
- Self-paced learning with workbooks including theory, simulated and practical assessment
- 100 hours of work placement under supervision
- If face to face we will find you placement.
- Online students will need to source own placement, however, MyPath will assist.
- Read more about how to find 100 hours work placement
- Available to start throughout the year.
- Dedicated trainers with industry experience who are passionate & culturally diverse trainer
- Access to trainer via Email, Phone and in person.
- Professionally presented reference materials to assist students in developing their knowledge of the units.
- More career opportunities and up-skilling and productivity gains
- Nationally recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Got life experience, past education or industry training? You may be able to fast track you’re learning. Ask us about possible RPL options or see our RPL page for more detail.
Funding support and employer incentives might be available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program. Individuals completing their first post-school Certificate III qualification in Queensland could be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy. Higher Level Skills Funding may also be available for this training.
For more information about funding support, call us today.