Certificate IV in Ageing Support in Brisbane and Gold Coast (CHC43015)
The CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support delivered by MyPath Education can see you make a difference in people’s lives by providing you with the skills to support personal needs of clients, manage legal and ethical compliance, develop & maintain networks & collaborative partnerships.
With this nationally accredited qualification, you can open up opportunities to become an Care Activity Worker, Care Service Team Leader or Care Supervisor (Aged Care).
What you will learn in the Certificate IV in Ageing Support
This Certificate IV in Ageing Support qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community-based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
Successful completion requires 18 units inclusive of 15 core units + 3 electives and 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Job Opportunities available upon successful completion of the Ageing Support Certificate 4
After successfully completing this course you will have the opportunity to seek employment in the following roles:
- Care worker
- Personal care assistant
- Community support worker
- Aged Care Activity worker
- Care Services Team Leader
- Care Supervisor – Aged Care
Depending on where you work and the extent of your experience in the industry, you may be performing tasks such as; personal care (showering, dressing, grooming, toileting), assistance with nutrition and hydration, taking vital signs(blood pressure, pulse, temperature etc.), bed making, manual handling, care planning, liaise with other services, supervise other workers, participate in team meeting and much more.
Delivery & what you will get
- Small group face to face classes including theory, simulated & practical assessment.
- Online learning including theory, simulated and practical assessment
- Self-paced learning with workbooks including theory, simulated and practical assessment
- Delivered over 18 weeks, 2 days a week for core units and electives units online or self-paced
- 120 hours of work placement under supervision
- If face to face we will find you placement.
- Online students will need to source own placement, however, MyPath will assist.
- Read more about how to find 120 hours work placement
- Available to start throughout the year.
- Dedicated trainers with industry experience who are passionate about the industry.
- Industry experienced and culturally diverse trainer
- Access to trainer via Email, Phone and in person.
- Professionally presented reference materials to assist students in developing their knowledge of the units.
- More career opportunities and up-skilling and productivity gains
- Nationally recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course.
Requirements for Cert IV
Certificate IV students require the following before going on placement. prior to going on placement require first aid and a criminal history check
- First aid
- Criminal history check
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Got life experience, past education or industry training? You may be able to fast track you’re learning. Ask us about possible RPL options or see our RPL page for more detail.
Funding support and employer incentives might be available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program. Individuals completing their first post-school Certificate III qualification in Queensland could be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy. Funding is available for this certificate with prices starting from as little as $195 if you are eligible. Higher Level Skills Funding may also be available for this training.
For more information about funding support, call us today.