Complete the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support ()
If you are caring and passionate about helping people, choose to make a difference. The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support delivered by MyPath Education will see you can make a difference in people’s lives by learning to Provide individualised support, Communicate and work in health or community services, Work with diverse people & Recognise healthy body systems. Funding is available for this certificate with prices starting from as little as $50 if you are eligible.
What you will learn in the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support. To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work placement as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
CHCCCS023 Support independence and well-being
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
Job Opportunities available upon successful completion of the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
Students may be required to meet industry specific requirements for work placement such as:
- Undergo occupational assessment, screening and vaccination (www.health.qld.gov.au )
- Undertake a National Police Check (www.police.qld.gov.au ).
- Apply for a Working with Children Check (www.qld.gov.au) (where relevant to the units selected)
Delivery & What you will get
- A blended delivery which consists of:
- small group face to face classes which include theory and practical learning and assessment in our classroom and state-of-the-art simulated community services workplace environment
- self-paced online and distance learning and assessment using our learning workbooks and online learning management system
- Learning support via email, phone, online and in-person
- Additional learning support from our dedicated trainers with industry experience and who are passionate about the industry
- Professionally presented reference materials to assist you in developing your knowledge
- 120 hours of workplace experience in a community services facility
- More career opportunities and up-skilling and productivity gains
- Nationally recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course (including work placement)
- Students are given a branded MyPath polo shirt to wear on placement. If students would like an additional shirt they are available to purchase for an additional $20.
Courses will run over 2 days per week for 26 weeks ( 2 days a week for 12 weeks will be a structured program plus 14 weeks of self-directed at-home learning with tutorials, webinars, and support provided.)
A total of 26 weeks is expected to complete this course.
Face to face at one of the below locations.
In addition, 120 hours of work placement must be completed to successfully complete this course.
- At various locations, please contact us.
- Yatala 38 Prairie Rd, Yatala, QLD, 4207
- Morayfield 5 Nolan Drive, Morayfield, QLD, 4506
- Cairns 72 McLeod Street Cairns, QLD, 4870
If you are looking for a new career in Ageing, Disability, Home & Community care, MyPath’s CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support course can help you get there!
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you have life experience, past education or industry training? You may be able to have your previous learning and/or experience recognised. Ask us about possible RPL options or see our RPL page for more detail.
Funding support and employer incentives might be available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program. Individuals completing their first post-school Certificate III qualification in Queensland could be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy. Funding is available for this certificate with prices starting from as little as $50 if you are eligible.
For more information about funding support, call us today.