Case Management Skill Set (CHCSS00073)
This skill set is for workers with existing experience in community services or health sector roles seeking to broaden their skills. You’ll learn to develop the essential skills required for roles in community services, case management and social housing workers to deliver person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
Delivery & What You Will Get
- Online learning including theory, simulated and practical assessment
- Self-paced learning with workbooks including theory, simulated and practical assessment
- Scheduled structured workshops available to book in depending on student numbers
- Available to start throughout the year
- Dedicated trainers with industry experience who are passionate about the industry
- Access to trainer via Email, Phone and in person
- Professionally presented reference materials to assist students in developing their knowledge of the units
- More career opportunities and up-skilling and productivity gains
- Nationally recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course
- This skill set contains practical elements that need to be completed in the workplace.
Skill Set Requirements
This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who:
- hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in Community Services, Health or related field
- have skills equivalent to the qualification requirement validated through a recognition of prior learning process.
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Complete a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Minimum 18 years of age (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Provide two forms of identification