You may be able to ‘fast track’ your learning with RPL or Credit Transfer! 

Your life experience, past education or industry training could qualify you for RPL. At MyPath Education we recognise that not all learning is done in a formal environment, so our courses are structured to take account of any relevant skills, knowledge or experience that you or your team may already have.

All students enrolled with MyPath Education who consider that they have, and can demonstrate current skills and knowledge in the qualifications or individual units of competency in the program may be eligible for  ‘Recognition;’ through ‘Recognition of prior learning or Credit transfer. MyPath Education recognises qualifications and /or Statements of Attainment issued by other RTOs. MyPath Education defines the recognition of skills achieved through formal learning and assessment as credit transfer.

What is RPL?

Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the formal acknowledgment of current skills and knowledge regardless of when, where and how they are obtained and can potentially include:

  • Previous work experience or skills gained on site
  • Unpaid work experience
  • Credit transfer of previous formal learning where relevant
  • Life experience

RPL assessment can include workplace observation, interviews, and documented evidence.

How can RPL help?

Recognition of prior learning serves both you and your team in a number of ways:

  • Obtain and complete an  application form from Student Services
  • Provide the basis for a full or part qualification for existing skills
  • Help avoid duplication of training and lead to quicker qualification
  • Qualify as the on-the-job component of a course or unit
  • Be used to more clearly identify training gaps
  • Provide a pathway to higher qualifications and more career opportunities
  • Potentially reduce the cost of training
  • For Further information see our Student handbook

What is credit transfer?

Credit transfer allows a student to be awarded a unit of competency towards completion of a qualification, based on successful completion of the unit previously completed with another RTO.

To apply for credit transfer,

  • Obtain and complete an  application form from Student Services
  • You will need to provide along with your completed application the original statement(s) of attainment or qualification(s) for our sighting or provide JP certified copies
  • Please NOTE: Wallet sized cards and licences are not acceptable unless they meet the AQF requirements
  • Major Training will verify these qualifications and determine credit eligibility.
  • Prior qualifications in another name must be accompanied by evidence of a name change (marriage certificate, deed poll etc)
  • For Further information see our Student handbook

MyPath can work with you and your team to determine if you qualify for RPL and the best course of training to get the most from your prior learning. We can also advise on and funding that may be available. More information on funding is available here, or call MyPath for a discussion on whether you qualify for RPL.